Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 12 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.31 in (1025.6 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill24°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain and sleet. Low around 29. East wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 44. East wind 7 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 35. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26. West wind around 14 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE