Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.70 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Morristown Municipal (KMMU)
Lat: 40.8°N Lon: 74.42°W Elev: 190ft.
Short Hills NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a low around 37. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after noon. High near 58. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow showers between midnight and 2am, then a chance of snow showers after 2am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 18. Blustery, with a light and variable wind becoming northwest 18 to 23 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Blustery, with a northwest wind 23 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. West wind 12 to 17 mph decreasing to 6 to 11 mph after midnight.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE