Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 6 mph
- Barometer30.29 in
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Morristown Municipal (KMMU)
Lat: 40.8 Lon: -74.42 Elev: 190ft.
Short Hills NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Freezing rain and sleet. Low around 27. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain before 3pm, then a chance of rain. High near 42. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Monday Night A chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 33. West wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Essex, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE