Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1024.1 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 29. North wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. North wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 1am, then rain and sleet between 1am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Low around 34. East wind 9 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 46. East wind 9 to 18 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow before 9am, then a chance of snow between 9am and 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. Breezy.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE