Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 5 mph
- Barometer30.19 in (1022.4 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
- Wind Chill32°F (0°C)
Current conditions at
Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport (KABE)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -75.43 Elev: 390ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Periods of rain and sleet before 3am, then a chance of sleet between 3am and 4am, then a chance of rain and snow after 4am. Low around 30. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 36. North wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. North wind around 6 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet before 4am, then sleet between 4am and 5am, then rain, freezing rain, and sleet after 5am. Low around 28. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 7am. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of showers before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northampton County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE