Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.41 in (1030.9 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
General Downing - Peoria International Airport (KPIA)
Lat: 40.66 Lon: -89.68 Elev: 682ft.
3 Miles WNW Peoria IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 21. Wind chill values between 5 and 10. North northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 8. Wind chill values between -2 and 3. North northwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values between -3 and 7. North northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 13. Wind chill values between 3 and 8. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 27. East wind 8 to 13 mph.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Peoria County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE