Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 5 mph
- Barometer29.66 in (1003.5 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill48°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78°N Lon: 73.97°W Elev: 144ft.
Long Island City NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Northwest wind around 9 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. High near 55. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 4am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 26. Breezy, with a south wind 16 to 23 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Monday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE