Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
- Wind SpeedE 5 mph
- Barometer29.68 in (1005.1 mb)
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78°N Lon: 73.88°W Elev: 11ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Cloudy, with a low around 43. East wind around 5 mph.
- Wednesday Rain. High near 55. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 2am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 21. Blustery, with a southwest wind 14 to 24 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a west wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Queens, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE