Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Barometer30.17 in (1020.8 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 22. West wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind around 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night A chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE