Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 8 mph
- Barometer30.25 in (1023.5 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind around 11 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind around 11 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind 7 to 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 4am, then rain and snow. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Rain, snow, and sleet. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE