Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 7 mph
- Barometer29.18 in
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility3.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Butler County Automatic Weather Observing / Report (KBTP)
Lat: 40.79°N Lon: 79.95°W Elev: 1247ft.
3 Miles WNW Cadogan PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain before 4pm, then rain and snow. Temperature falling to around 28 by 5pm. East wind 8 to 17 mph becoming north. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow with areas of blowing snow before 1am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow between 1am and 5am, then a slight chance of snow after 5am. Low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -11. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -14. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Southwest wind 11 to 17 mph.
- Friday Night Light rain likely, mainly after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow before 9am, then a chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Armstrong County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE