Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 7 mph
- Barometer30.52 in (1032.8 mb)
- Dewpoint17°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
Central Park NY
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Northeast wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet before midnight, then rain and sleet between midnight and 2am, then periods of rain after 2am. Low around 31. East wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Periods of rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 46. East wind 6 to 8 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind around 11 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE