Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 0 G 4 MPH
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
SOLDIER MTN (SDRC1)
Lat: 40.926781 Lon: -121.584325 Elev: 3704ft.
12 Miles ESE Burney CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Light southwest wind.
- Friday A 50 percent chance of snow after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Light south southwest wind becoming west southwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 18. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. North northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming east southeast in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Burney Basin / Eastern Shasta County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE