Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNE 20 mph
- Barometer30.32 in (1026.6 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
2 Miles SSW Bronx NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 4am, then rain and sleet. Low around 29. East wind around 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 47. East wind 7 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. West wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 35. Northwest wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28. West wind 14 to 16 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 36.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bronx County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE