Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.04 in (1017.1 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
2 Miles SSE Bronx NY
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Light rain. Steady temperature around 42. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 36. North wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34. Northwest wind around 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 1am, then rain and sleet between 1am and 4am, then rain likely after 4am. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bronx County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE