Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
- Wind SpeedN 13 mph
- Barometer30.10 in (1019.4 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
Port Washington NY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain, mainly before 4am. Low around 34. North wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of rain or drizzle, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. North wind around 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 1am, then rain and sleet between 1am and 4am, then rain likely after 4am. Low around 32. East wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern Nassau, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE