Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer29.63 in (1002.5 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78°N Lon: 73.97°W Elev: 144ft.
3 Miles E Fort Lee NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 42. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Rain, mainly after 1pm. High near 57. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain before 3am, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Blustery, with a south wind 9 to 14 mph becoming northwest 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. Windy, with a northwest wind around 28 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a northwest wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 13 to 18 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bronx County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE