Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday evening across parts of the Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
16NM NE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS THE WATERS TONIGHT FOLLOWED BY BUILDING
HIGH PRESSURE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE WEEK. A COLD FRONT WILL
THEN APPROACH FRIDAY NIGHT AND MOVE ACROSS THE REGION SATURDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS BACK IN FOR SUN.
- Tonight SW wind 10 to 12 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NNW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 5 to 9 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night SW wind 6 to 9 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE