We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We've shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete.
16NM NE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisOFFSHORE HIGH PRESSURE GIVES WAY TO AN APPROACHING LOW PRESSURE AREA
AND A COLD FRONT THAT WILL MOVE AND WEAKEN ACROSS THE WATERS
TUESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BRIEFLY BUILDS INTO THE WATERS BEHIND
THE DEPARTING FRONT TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY. STRONG CANADIAN
HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN BY LATE WEEK INTO THE WEEKEND.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Scattered showers after 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Showers likely, mainly before noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 6 kt becoming N after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday NE wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind around 7 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming NNE after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind around 10 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ESE wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE