Severe thunderstorms forecast this evening into tonight
Scattered severe storms with wind and hail will occur this evening and tonight from the central Plains east-northeast to southern Lake Michigan. A cluster of severe storms is possible over the Black Hills region, and more isolated wind and hail storms may occur over interior portions of the Pacific Northwest.
16NM NE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE E TONIGHT AS A COLD FRONT APPROACHES
FROM THE W. THE FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS FROM WED NIGHT INTO
THU...FOLLOWED BY BUILDING HIGH PRES ON FRI. THE HIGH WILL WEAKEN ON
SAT...THEN LOW PRES PASSING TO THE SE WILL IMPACT THE AREA ON
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 6 to 9 kt increasing to 11 to 14 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 9pm and midnight. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday N wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NNE wind around 7 kt becoming N after midnight. A slight chance of showers before 11pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE