Flash flooding possible across southern Plains
A wet weather system continues across the southern U.S., with abundant moisture brining heavy rain and a risk of flash flooding to parts of the southern Plains on Wednesday. The heaviest rain will fall across Oklahoma, though flood watches and warnings are in effect eastern Colorado to western Arkansas. The flash flood threat should diminish on Thursday, as the system weakens over Texas.
16NM NE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRES WILL REMAIN OFFSHORE THROUGH SUNDAY.
- This Afternoon WSW wind around 6 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday SSW wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 9am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Isolated showers before 9pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night S wind 5 to 9 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms, then a chance of showers after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday ESE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind 5 to 8 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday E wind 5 to 7 kt becoming S in the afternoon. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE