Nor'easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM NE New York NY
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EST TONIGHT...
- SynopsisDEEPENING LOW PRES WILL PASS SE OF MONTAUK POINT THIS EVENING...
THEN CONTINUE NE LATER TONIGHT...REACHING NOVA SCOTIA BY THU
MORNING. AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL PASS THROUGH ON THU.
HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD ON FRI...THEN PASS E SAT INTO SUNDAY.
A WARM FRONT WILL LIFT THROUGH ON SUNDAY...FOLLOWED BY A COLD
FRONT ON MON.
- Tonight NNW wind 16 to 21 kt becoming NW 10 to 15 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. Snow, mainly before 10pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NNW wind around 8 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow showers between 10am and 1pm, then a slight chance of rain showers after 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 8 to 10 kt. A chance of flurries after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind around 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night WNW wind 6 to 8 kt becoming WSW after midnight. A slight chance of snow after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SW wind 7 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind around 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE