Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 7 mph
- Barometer30.28 in (1024.6 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
2 Miles E Fort Lee NJ
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 33. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 1am, then rain. Low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of light rain before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE