Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 13 G 18 mph
- Barometer30.17 in (1020.8 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
2 Miles SE Englewood Cliffs NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph becoming north after midnight.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 28. Northeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then rain or freezing rain between 1am and 4am, then rain after 4am. Temperature rising to around 35 by 2am. East wind 11 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE