Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 16 mph
- Barometer30.58 in
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-8°F (-22°C)
Current conditions at
Centerville Municipal Airport (KTVK)
Lat: 40.68 Lon: -92.9 Elev: 1028ft.
3 Miles SW Moravia IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a temperature falling to around 2 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -10. North northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a temperature rising to around 9 by 5am. Wind chill values as low as -10. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -5. Southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Wind chill values as low as 5. Southwest wind around 9 mph.
- Friday A slight chance of snow and sleet after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. South southwest wind 6 to 9 mph becoming east in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Appanoose County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE