Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 6 G 17 mph
- Barometer30.24 in (1023.3 mb)
- Dewpoint13°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
Englewood Cliffs NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Today Increasing clouds, with a high near 33. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20. West wind around 11 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Rain and snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for New York (Manhattan), NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE