Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer30.53 in (1033.1 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility1.25 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
Englewood Cliffs NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then freezing rain and sleet between midnight and 3am, then rain and sleet after 3am. Low around 32. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 45. East wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday A chance of light snow, mainly before 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bronx County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE