Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVrbl 3 mph
- Barometer30.26 in (1024.1 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
New York City, Central Park (KNYC)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.97 Elev: 144ft.
3 Miles ENE Englewood Cliffs NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind 8 to 11 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of light snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 32. East wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow before 1am, then rain. Low around 29. East wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Rain likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Bronx County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE