Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedVRBL 5 MPH
- Barometer29.74 in (1011.7 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Elko, Elko Regional Airport (KEKO)
Lat: 40.82404 Lon: -115.78635 Elev: 5052ft.
7 Miles NNW Elko NV
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow. Low around 16. South wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 19. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind 9 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5. Wind chill values as low as -16. West northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11. Wind chill values as low as -17. West wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9. West northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 16.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -5.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 21.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Thursday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Friday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southwestern Elko County, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE