Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 15 G 22 mph
- Barometer30.37 in (1028.2 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
New York, La Guardia Airport (KLGA)
Lat: 40.78 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 11ft.
Mount Vernon NY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 31. Northeast wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow before 1am, then rain and snow. Low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow before 1pm, then a slight chance of rain between 1pm and 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Westchester, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE