Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWSW 4 G 18 MPH
- Dewpoint40°F (4°C)
- Wind Chill41°F (5°C)
Current conditions at
SUGARLOAF (SHF) (SLFC1)
Lat: 40.915961°N Lon: 122.434833°W Elev: 3259ft.
19 Miles N Central Valley CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 30 percent chance of showers before 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Calm wind becoming north 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 42. North northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 68. Northeast wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday Night Clear, with a low around 43. North northeast wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 72. East northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 41.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 72.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 71.
- Friday Night Clear, with a low around 43.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 77.
- Saturday Night Clear, with a low around 46.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 77.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shasta Lake Area / Northern Shasta County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE