Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 6 mph
- Barometer30.15 in (1021.7 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl Airport (KAVP)
Lat: 41.33 Lon: -75.73 Elev: 930ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 4am, then a chance of snow showers. Low around 26. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Snow before 1am, then snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet. Low around 24. Southeast wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain or freezing rain before 11am, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Luzerne County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE