Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 13 mph
- Barometer29.74 in (1007.5 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Intl Airport (KAVP)
Lat: 41.33°N Lon: 75.73°W Elev: 930ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. West wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. West wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 46. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Night Cloudy, with a low around 38. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Rain or freezing rain likely before 11am, then rain between 11am and 4pm, then rain or freezing rain after 4pm. High near 40. Northeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Wednesday Night Snow, mainly before 2am. Low around 13. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers before 8am. Partly sunny, with a high near 21. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Luzerne County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE