Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.66 in (1005.9 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
New Castle Municipal Airport (KUCP)
Lat: 41.03°N Lon: 80.41°W Elev: 1070ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A chance of showers, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 41. Northeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain before 2pm, then rain and snow between 2pm and 3pm, then snow and sleet after 3pm. Temperature falling to around 26 by 5pm. North wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Snow with areas of blowing snow before midnight, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow between midnight and 5am, then a slight chance of snow after 5am. Low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -7. Blustery, with a northwest wind 14 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -12. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night A chance of rain before 2am, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lawrence County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE