Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 5 mph
- Barometer29.67 in (1005.2 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport (KYNG)
Lat: 41.27°N Lon: 80.67°W Elev: 1180ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Northeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Rain and snow before noon, then snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet between noon and 3pm, then snow after 3pm. Temperature falling to around 24 by 5pm. North wind 9 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Snow showers with areas of blowing snow before midnight, then a chance of snow showers between midnight and 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 2am. Low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -6. Blustery, with a northwest wind 17 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -8. Northwest wind around 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13. West wind 6 to 8 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Friday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night A chance of flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mahoning County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE