Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 2 G 5 MPH
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
SOLDIER MTN (SDRC1)
Lat: 40.926781 Lon: -121.584325 Elev: 3704ft.
18 Miles NE Burney CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 50 percent chance of snow after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Light south wind becoming west southwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 16. West wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. North northwest wind 5 to 8 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. East wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Burney Basin / Eastern Shasta County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE