Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.37 in (1029.6 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Aeroflex-Andover Airport (K12N)
Lat: 41.01 Lon: -74.74 Elev: 584ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. North wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then freezing rain between midnight and 3am, then freezing rain and sleet after 3am. Low around 26. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Monday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 8am. High near 43. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 11pm and 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sussex County, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE