Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 3 mph
- Barometer30.18 in (1023.0 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport (KYNG)
Lat: 41.27 Lon: -80.67 Elev: 1180ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 2am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 27. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11. West wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. East wind 6 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Snow before midnight, then snow and sleet. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mahoning County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE