Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNNW 5 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.071303 Lon: -122.369931 Elev: 2537ft.
31 Miles N Central Valley CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 22. North northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 30. North northeast wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 24. West southwest wind 3 to 6 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 26. South wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 10pm. Low around 20. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shasta Lake Area / Northern Shasta County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE