Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 2 G 10 MPH
- Dewpoint4°F (-16°C)
Current conditions at
ASH VALLEY (AVLC1)
Lat: 41.051944 Lon: -120.686111 Elev: 5100ft.
4 Miles ENE Bieber CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. East wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. East wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 4am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Snow showers likely, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around 10. West wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE