Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSE 5 G 11 MPH
- Dewpoint24°F (-4°C)
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.289722 Lon: -123.8575 Elev: 477ft.
10 Miles WSW Weitchpec CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 34. South wind 5 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Low around 23. Southwest wind 11 to 16 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 30. Northwest wind around 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19. North wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 36. North wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Wednesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for North Coast Interior, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE