Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 5 MPH
- Barometer29.86 in
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility0.25 mi
- Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Mount Shasta (KMHS)
Lat: 41.31583 Lon: -122.31611 Elev: 3533ft.
2 Miles WSW Dunsmuir CA
7 Day Forecast
- Late Afternoon Snow. Steady temperature around 27. South wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 17. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. North northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -5. North wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 30. North wind around 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
- Thursday Night A chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Friday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Central Siskiyou County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE