Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. on Saturday
Another Pacific system will impact the West Coast today. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. Strong winds and heavy elevation snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
26NM ESE Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- Today N wind around 12 kt. A chance of flurries before 2pm, then a chance of rain showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 8 to 12 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 5am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 11 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 8am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind 10 to 12 kt. A slight chance of showers before 8pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday NNE wind 7 to 12 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night NE wind 6 to 9 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A slight chance of showers after 8pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind 10 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind 13 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 2 ft building to 5 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 18 to 21 kt increasing to 21 to 24 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 kt. Rain. Seas 6 ft building to 8 ft.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE