Heavy rain possible for the northern Rockies & Plains; severe storms for the Northern Plains
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, with locally heavy rainfall, to the northern Rockies and northern Plains. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some storms could become severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds. In addition, temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average.
6NM NE Nantucket MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES OVER QUEBEC WILL SLOWLY BUILD SOUTH OVER NEW ENGLAND
THROUGH THE WEEKEND KEEPING WINDS NORTHEASTERLY. THE HIGH WILL
CONTINUE TO BUILD OVER NEW ENGLAND MON AND TUE THEN SHIFT SOUTH ON
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Tonight NE wind 10 to 13 kt decreasing to 7 to 10 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 9 to 11 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog after 5am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind 9 to 12 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night WSW wind around 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE