Storm system to bring winter weather from the Plains to New England through Monday
A storm system spinning over the central U.S. will set the stage for a widespread precipitation event across the central and eastern U.S. through Monday. A wide swath of accumulating snow will extend from Nebraska to New England. Just to the south of this area of snow, marginal temps will lead to the possibility of a transition zone of sleet and freezing rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NE Nantucket MA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EST TODAY...
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL PUSH OFFSHORE TODAY. LOW PRES WILL PASS S OF THE
SOUTHERN WATERS LATE TONIGHT AND MON. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD IN
BEHIND THE DEPARTING LOW ON TUE...THEN MOVE OFFSHORE ON WED. A
COLD FRONT WILL CROSS THE WATERS THU.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today WNW wind 17 to 20 kt decreasing to 13 to 16 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 27 kt. Increasing clouds. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Tonight NNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming ENE 10 to 13 kt. Snow, mainly after 3am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday E wind 16 to 19 kt becoming NE 11 to 14 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Snow before 9am, then rain. The snow could be heavy at times. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night N wind 18 to 23 kt becoming NW 23 to 28 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 39 kt. Rain and snow before midnight, then a chance of snow. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 20 to 23 kt decreasing to 15 to 18 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 10 to 14 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 9 to 13 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night SW wind around 12 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of snow showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt becoming NNW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. A chance of snow showers. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE