Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, Arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedNW 9 mph
- Barometer30.61 in
- Dewpoint-8°F (-22°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-6°F (-21°C)
Current conditions at
Pella Muni Airport (KPEA)
Lat: 41.4 Lon: -92.95 Elev: 886ft.
3 Miles SW Pella Muni Airport IA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -10. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a temperature rising to around 7 by 5am. Wind chill values as low as -15. Light west wind becoming south southwest 5 to 9 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -5. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Wind chill values as low as 5. Southwest wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 30. South southwest wind around 7 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 25.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 14.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE