Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer30.02 in (1022.1 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
Current conditions at
Mount Shasta (KMHS)
Lat: 41.31583 Lon: -122.31611 Elev: 3533ft.
4 Miles NNE Mount Shasta CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 10 percent chance of snow after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 13. Light southwest wind.
- Friday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 18. South wind 5 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 11. Wind chill values as low as zero. West southwest wind 5 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Wind chill values as low as -1. North wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5. North northeast wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 24.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Central Siskiyou County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE