Winter Weather Impacting the Eastern U.S. Tuesday
Snow is falling from Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday . The fast moving system is creating swath of 2 to 7 inches of snow from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. Heavy Lake Effect snows will also impact the Lower Great Lakes into later this week, with up to two feet of accumulation.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 18 G 28 mph
- Barometer30.05 in
- Dewpoint8°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill5°F (-15°C)
Current conditions at
Lansing Municipal Airport (KIGQ)
Lat: 41.53 Lon: -87.53 Elev: 617ft.
Crown Point IN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 14 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -1. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely after midnight. Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 17 by 3am. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind 5 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Snow before noon. Temperature rising to near 21 by 11am, then falling to around 8 during the remainder of the day. Wind chill values as low as -8. Blustery, with a southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming northwest 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -18. West northwest wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Saturday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 31.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE