Severe weather possible across parts of New York state and New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon across parts of upstate New York and into northern New England. Isolated large hail and locally-damaging wind gusts will be the main threats with any storms that develop.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM NNE Sandusky OH
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:18 am EDT Jul 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am EDT Jul 31, 2014-6pm EDT Aug 6, 2014
- Today SW wind 7 to 9 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SSW wind 5 to 7 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 2pm and 3pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night ENE wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday N wind around 8 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WSW wind around 7 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 69 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 72
DEGREES AND OFF ERIE 72 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE