Severe Storms and Heavy Rain Possible Later This Afternoon Into Tonight
A few severe storms with damaging winds and large hail are expected later today from parts of Illinois into lower Michigan. A somewhat longer-duration severe storm threat is expected this afternoon into tonight from the Kansas/Oklahoma border region into southern Missouri, where a couple tornadoes will also be possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM NNE Sandusky OH
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:03 pm EDT Sep 1, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4pm EDT Sep 1, 2014-6pm EDT Sep 8, 2014
- Labor Day SSW wind 13 to 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 13 to 16 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 10pm. Waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind 7 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 4pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind 7 to 9 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSW wind around 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR THURSDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 72 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 69
DEGREES AND OFF ERIE 72 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE