Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains and Mid-Atlantic
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of the northern Plains, from eastern Montana across extreme northwestern South Dakota and into western and central North Dakota, as well as parts of the Mid-Atlantic, from extreme northern South Carolina across much of North Carolina and into extreme southern Virginia.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM NNE Sandusky OH
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:53 pm EDT Jul 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 3pm EDT Jul 24, 2014-6pm EDT Jul 30, 2014
- This Afternoon NNE wind around 6 kt. Sunny. Waves around 2 ft.
- Tonight Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW around 6 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SSW wind 6 to 9 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night S wind 7 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday S wind 11 to 14 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 12 to 16 kt becoming W after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind around 11 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night W wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WNW wind 11 to 15 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE