Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
9NM NNE Sandusky OH
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:10 am EDT Aug 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 5am EDT Aug 21, 2014-6pm EDT Aug 27, 2014
- Today W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday S wind around 6 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday NE wind 7 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night E wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 9pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday E wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night E wind around 9 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday ESE wind 6 to 8 kt. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 70 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 68
DEGREES AND OFF ERIE 70 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE