Coastal low to bring gusty winds and periods of heavy rain to New England while moderate to heavy rain is expected to linger in the Pacific Northwest and northern California
A coastal low will slowly intensify before moving out of the New England area. Increasingly heavy rainfall will impact the region through Friday. In addition, winds will increase and seas will become rough as the storm gradually intensifies just off the coast. Out west, a cold front approaching the Pacific Northwest will bring moderate to heavy rain to Washington, Oregon and northern California.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
9NM NNE Sandusky OH
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 12:13 am EDT Oct 22, 2014
Forecast Valid: 2am EDT Oct 22, 2014-6pm EDT Oct 28, 2014
- Overnight N wind around 19 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 5am. Waves around 4 ft.
- Wednesday N wind 12 to 17 kt. A slight chance of showers before 7am. Waves around 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 13 to 15 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves around 3 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind 8 to 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves 2 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night W wind 8 to 10 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday WSW wind 10 to 14 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night W wind 9 to 13 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday W wind 11 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 10 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 53 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 59
DEGREES AND OFF ERIE 57 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE