Major nor'easter expected to bring heavy snow, blizzard conditions to Northeast
A storm system off the East Coast will continue to strengthen as it develops into a major nor'easter on Monday. As the storm moves up the coast, it is expected to bring snowfall of 1-3 feet or more to many parts of the Northeast through Tuesday evening, including New York City and Boston. Strong, gusty winds will combine with the snow to create blizzard conditions along and near the coast.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
308NM WNW Baltimore MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:06 pm EST Jan 26, 2015
Forecast Valid: 4pm EST Jan 26, 2015-6pm EST Feb 2, 2015
- Tonight N wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NNW wind 10 to 14 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night NNW wind around 9 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday W wind around 7 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night SSE wind 6 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SSE wind around 11 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Snow before noon, then rain and snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NW wind 12 to 15 kt increasing to 17 to 20 kt after midnight. A chance of snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNW wind 16 to 21 kt decreasing to 11 to 16 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night NW wind 6 to 10 kt becoming W after midnight. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
WAVES OMITTED DUE TO THE NEARSHORE WATERS BEING MOSTLY ICE COVERED.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR THURSDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 33 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 34 DEGREES
AND OFF ERIE 33 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE