Winter weather forecast for Rockies and southern Plains
A developing storm system will bring snow to parts of the Rockies and southern Plains on Friday, which will move into the central U.S. on Saturday. Freezing rain is also forecast from Texas to the mid-Mississippi Valley and into the Carolinas. Meanwhile, temperatures will be 20-40 degrees below normal across parts of the central and southern U.S. on Friday.
7NM NNE Sandusky OH
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:17 pm EST Feb 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 5pm EST Feb 27, 2015-6pm EST Mar 6, 2015
- Tonight SW wind around 6 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Snow likely, mainly after 3am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday SSE wind around 6 kt. Snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming WNW 11 to 16 kt in the evening. Snow likely, mainly before 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday WNW wind 11 to 16 kt becoming W 6 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSE 5 to 7 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday SSE wind 8 to 13 kt. Rain and snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night S wind 13 to 16 kt becoming W 17 to 20 kt after midnight. Rain and snow. Waves 1 ft or less.
WAVES OMITTED DUE TO THE NEARSHORE WATERS BEING MOSTLY ICE COVERED.
SEE LAKE ERIE OPEN LAKES FORECAST FOR MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.
THE WATER TEMPERATURE OFF TOLEDO IS 34 DEGREES...OFF CLEVELAND 33
DEGREES AND OFF ERIE 33 DEGREES.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE