Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedNE 2 G 6 MPH
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
SOMES BAR (SMBC1)
Lat: 41.390267 Lon: -123.492589 Elev: 915ft.
8 Miles NNW Somes Bar CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Areas of freezing fog. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Light east wind.
- Wednesday Patchy fog after 10am. Areas of freezing fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Light southeast wind.
- Wednesday Night Patchy fog before 10pm. Areas of freezing fog after 10pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 32. Calm wind.
- Thursday Areas of freezing fog before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Light south wind.
- Thursday Night A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly before 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Light and variable wind.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Siskiyou County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE