Pacific Front Will Bring Snow to Intermountain West, Northern Plains
A weather system moving into the Pacific Northwest will bring rain to coastal regions, along with snow to the Intermountain West and northern Plains Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall amounts will generally be light, though as much as 5-8 inches is possible in the higher elevations of the mountains. The system will also bring much colder air to the northern Plains and Upper Midwest beginning on Thurs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 12 mph
- Barometer30.16 in
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility20.00 mi
- Wind Chill16°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Gary Chicago International (KGYY)
Lat: 41.62 Lon: -87.42 Elev: 591ft.
3 Miles NE Highland IN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 35. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Thursday A chance of drizzle between 9am and noon, then a chance of rain after noon. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 41. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Night Rain. Low around 35. Light and variable wind becoming north northeast 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Friday A 40 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 38. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain or freezing rain before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 27.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE