Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.59 in (1038.1 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-1°F (-18°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79 Lon: -87.75 Elev: 612ft.
Tinley Park IL
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -4. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 10. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 26. East southeast wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 21. East southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE