Another Round of Winter Weather to Impact the Eastern U.S.
Snow will spread from the Tennessee Valley into the Mid-Atlantic and New England through Tuesday bringing another shot of winter weather on the heels of the recent winter storm. A swath of 2 to 6 inches of snow is expected from southwest Virginia to the New England coast. This could impact the morning commute in many areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 18 mph
- Barometer30.02 in (1018.3 mb)
- Dewpoint2°F (-17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-3°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54 Lon: -93.65 Elev: 957ft.
West Des Moines IA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy blowing snow. Partly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 9. Wind chill values as low as -10. Breezy, with a west southwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Tuesday Patchy blowing snow before 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 8 to 13 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.
- Tuesday Night Snow likely, mainly between midnight and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -5. Light and variable wind becoming north northwest 6 to 11 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 11. Wind chill values as low as -10. North northwest wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 0. West northwest wind 5 to 11 mph becoming south southwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 21.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 23.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE