Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 5 mph
- Barometer29.90 in (1012.4 mb)
- Dewpoint51°F (11°C)
- Visibility1.00 mi
- Wind Chill51°F (11°C)
Current conditions at
Meriden Markham Municipal Airport (KMMK)
Lat: 41.51 Lon: -72.83 Elev: 102ft.
2 Miles WSW Wolcott CT
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 3pm. Areas of dense fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 40 by 5pm. North wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain before 9pm, then rain and sleet between 9pm and 3am, then snow and sleet likely after 3am. Low around 29. North wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 37. North wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18. North wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 33. North wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before 4am, then rain, snow and sleet likely, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after noon. High near 41. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern New Haven, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE