Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
- Wind SpeedVrbl 5 mph
- Barometer29.51 in (999.3 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Meriden Markham Municipal Airport (KMMK)
Lat: 41.51°N Lon: 72.83°W Elev: 102ft.
2 Miles WSW Wolcott CT
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain, mainly after 3pm. High near 45. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain and snow showers, becoming all snow after midnight. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 15. Southeast wind 9 to 18 mph becoming northwest in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers before 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 18 by 2pm. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -4. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 9 to 14 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northern New Haven, CT
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE