Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 18 G 31 mph
- Barometer29.86 in (1012.3 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Chicago Midway Airport (KMDW)
Lat: 41.79°N Lon: 87.75°W Elev: 612ft.
Orland Park IL
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Patchy blowing snow before 1pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a steady temperature around 24. Blustery, with a north wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 11. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 36. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 43. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cook County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE