Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 14 G 26 MPH
- Barometer29.86 in (1014.2 mb)
- Dewpoint15°F (-9°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
- Wind Chill27°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Montague, Siskiyou County Airport (KSIY)
Lat: 41.78139 Lon: -122.46806 Elev: 2648ft.
17 Miles NNE Weed CA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near 21. Breezy, with a south southwest wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -6. Breezy, with a southwest wind 24 to 29 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Scattered snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 13. Wind chill values as low as -7. North northwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -9. Northeast wind around 8 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 25. North northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for North Central and Southeast Siskiyou County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE