Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 6 mph
- Barometer30.60 in
- Dewpoint-6°F (-21°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill-8°F (-22°C)
Current conditions at
Ankeny Regional Airport (KIKV)
Lat: 41.69 Lon: -93.57 Elev: 902ft.
2 Miles SSW Berwick IA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a temperature rising to around 6 by 5am. Wind chill values as low as -15. Light west southwest wind becoming south southwest 5 to 10 mph in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -10. West southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Wind chill values as low as 5. South southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as 5. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 15. North wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Cloudy, with a high near 22.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 16.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE